Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Where I whine a bit......

This post is whiny, pure and simple.  I won't be offended if you don't read beyond this sentence.

My first whine is about being busy.  Right now I am slammed at work and will be until approximately December 19th.  The worst part is that it is partially my own fault that I am so busy right now.  I love my job, I really do, but right now I'm ready for this semester to be over! 

My second whine is about sleep.  I've always been a terrible sleeper and it's been progressively worse over the last few months.  I would give just about anything for six consecutive hours of sleep.  Or five.  Or even four.  Heck, at this point three consecutive hours would be a huge improvement! 

My third whine is about being hot.  For the first 33 years and two months I was a cold person most of the time (think wear jeans outside when 90 degrees and not be uncomfortably hot) but over the last three months I've been hot most of the time.  I haven't worn a winter coat yet this year and I haven't even got my heavy sweaters yet either.  At this rate I'm not sure that I will get out the sweaters.  Hubs may freeze to death before too much longer if I don't get out of this hot phase soon.  We came to a compromise and keep the thermostat at 64 degrees (he wanted it set at 68, I wanted to turn the furnace off), I get a fan in the bedroom, and he gets an extra blanket.  He still freezes, I still wake up drenched in sweat.  It's not working out.

My final whine is about my uterus.  I'm currently on the 24th day of my cycle and am on my third (or maybe fourth, I forget) day of spotting.  It's incredibly annoying.  I know that I should schedule an appointment with my GYN, but that office is housed in a large research hospital, the same large research hospital that my RE is housed in, and to be honest I have a minor panic attack when I even think about going there.  I could find a different practice but I'm short on time right now and honestly I'm scared of what any testing will show anyway.  Yes I am making excuses.

If you read all of that, thanks!  Hopefully my next post will be a little less whiny! 

1 comment:

  1. I hear you re: work... for the 28 years I was at my last job, November/December was year end season & I was always exhausted. :p

    Being hot and not sleeping well are both probably tied to the state of your uterus (good ol' perimenopause...). Two more reasons to schedule that appointment?

    ReplyDelete